Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Joanna and Libby,

  So I took a little hiatus from the blog, but don't worry, I am back and I will catch up with everything we have been doing....you all have been keeping me busy!  (Stay tuned for tomorrow).  Thank you so much for making Mother's Day 2011 so special.  What a great day and an eventful weekend too!  I loved waking up to breakfast in bed (thanks to Daddy and Dinners on the Porch), my pink golf clubs Joanna picked out, my beautiful cards, my special gifts you all made at school, and church and lunch at Old Town.  The best part was really just being with both of you and Daddy all day long.  It is such a privilege to be your mommy and it is the best job anyone could ever have!  I love you more than you will ever know and the fact that I get to be with you every day is such a blessing! 
  Joanna, you are such a sweet girl and my favorite thing about you is how loving and caring you are.  You are always giving me and Daddy hugs and kisses and you are the best big sister ever!  Thank you for always looking out for your little sister....seeing the way you and Libby love each other melts my heart every day.  You are always looking out for her- helping her with her coat, putting on and taking off her socks and shoes for her, getting a drink for her, and all the other sweet things you do to help!  You certainly make my job a lot easier and sometimes, I wonder if I am Libby's mom or if you have taken over the job!  You told me last week that Libby was your very best friend and that was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard.  I hope you all will always love each other this way.  You are also such a smart girl and I am amazed at some of the things you tell me.  I am so proud when you say the whole Lord's Prayer in church or you tell me stories about things you are learning in school.  What a treat it is to hear about your day! You love to read books, play with your dolls, play princesses, run and jump outside and on the trampoline, make art and be with your friends.  You are such a special special girl and I am so proud to be your mommy!!!!! 
  Libby, my precious baby girl....my favorite thing about you is your sweet personality! You are so loving too and when you run up to Daddy and me with your kisses, I can't think of anything any cuter.  You are growing up fast like your big sister and you are talking so much now.  I love it that you have named yourself  "Big Girl Boo".  You tell us it is your name and when we do get you to say your real name, you insist on spelling it too...LBBY.  I know you know it is missing a letter but I think you just say it that way so Joanna and I will correct you a thousand times!  You, too, love your sister so much!  Every day, you can't wait to see her and the days that she goes to school and you are home with me, I know you ask me at least 10 times- Go get Joanna now?  You run to her when you get upset and she hugs you fiercely. You ask her to help you with your shoes and you want to do everything she does.  I love it that you all love each other so much and I am so proud of my girls!  You are such a smart girl too and your vocabulary astounds me.  Every day you say something that often causes me to do a double take!  You love to laugh, you love to play with trains and cars, you love to carry things around with you, you love Mickey Mouse and Ariel and you love to wear a bow in your hair- you insist on never leaving the house without one!  You are our special baby girl and I am so proud to be your mommy too! 
  Mother's Day is special because being your mom is the best!  It is also a little bittersweet because I miss my mom so much and I am sad that you won't get to know her. JoAnn Slaughter was the best mother ever and she truly dedicated her life to me.  She was one of the strongest most loving people I have ever known.  You might not be able to see her now, but know she is your guardian angel in heaven and she is watching over you!  I see so much of her in both of you and what a blessing that is.  I know she is one proud Mama Jo in heaven! 
   Thank you again for making today and every day so special for me just because YOU are YOU!  I love you more than you know!  Your Mommy
 

1 comment:

  1. That just brought tears to my eyes!!! So sweet hearing a mother's love! Makes me think about all the memories I have with mine! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete