So here we are at the end of Day 2 for spring break and today we have been on the go! Yesterday, we woke up to snow and bitter cold and it definitely put a damper on our plans. We were supposed to go to the zoo this week and Lazy 5 Ranch, but this is not spring break weather. I wanted the 70s and 80s weather of last week....but these are the things we have no control over. I am just so glad that we have these days- cold or warm- to be together and do fun things! So Day 1, we had pajama day and you all stayed home all day. The markers, paper, and playdough got lots of use and it was a treat to get to watch Pocahontas and a couple of TV shows too....(you must have thought I had lost my mind since I let you watch that much TV!!!)
When I woke up this morning and saw the bright sunshine, I knew we had to get out of here and it turned out to be the best weather day! We loaded up the car and headed to Greensboro to the Nature Science Center. I have always loved this place but we had not been here since last summer. You all had the best time! We started off inside with the snakes and sea life and Joanna, you asked a million questions about each thing. I love your inquisitive mind....and I am amazed how much you retain! Libby, you were most excited about all the fish we saw and the water. You love water.....I can't wait for the pool this summer because I don't think I know any child who loves water more than you. You pointed it out in each exhibit and wanted to see the bubbles and touch the water! How fun it was for you all to get to touch the starfish, the sea urchin, and helmet crab.
Then we met up with some friends and headed outside to see the animals. A turkey greeted us at the door and came right up to us. I have never been that close to one and you all weren't scared one bit....I, on the other hand, was doing a good job to pretend that I wasn't afraid either. Then we went to see the sheep and goats and you brushed their coats and we had the best time seeing tigers, monkeys, alpaca, burros, wallabies, and more....
| with Margaret and Hunter Blythe |
It was such a fun day and you all loved being outside together. It was so fun for me to watch you all together- Joanna and Libby. There was a great bridge in the woods and Libby needed help going down the hill and Joanna, you were so sweet to come get here and take her by the hand. You all had so much fun running together that you must have gone over that bridge and through the woods four or five times!
After most of the day at the museum, we loaded back up in the car and headed home, but we made one pit stop on the way home- Swoozies. Another things my girls love as much as I do is shopping and what fun we had looking around and making lists for the Easter Bunny! Everything is fun with the two of you! We left some tired girls and now it is time for Mommy to come with a plan for Day 3- Spring Break 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment