Daddy and Joanna went to the first Father-Daughter dance last April and she had so much fun that she has been talking about it for the past year. Here are a few pictures from 2010...
| Father Daughter Dance 2010 |
| 2010 |
Joanna loves to get dressed up and insisted that she have a "beautiful twirly princess dress" for the Father-Daughter dance. Ever since we mentioned the upcoming event, she has been talking about this twirly party dress and describing exactly what she wanted. After suggesting a few options in her closet, I realized that my 4 year old had in her mind exactly what she wanted and that she loves clothes as much as I do, a trait I inherited from my mom too! So off I set to find a pink twirly party dress.....I searched high and low and thanks to a good friend, we found this one! My little girl was thrilled and the look on her face when she saw it was worth all the trouble. She put her hands on her face and exclaimed. "Oh Mommy, it is beautiful and Daddy is going to love it! Let's surprise him and not tell him about the dress." Funny thing, she was so excited about the dress that as soon as Daddy walked into the house on Tuesday night, she said to him "we have a surprise dress for the dance but we can't show you!"
Daddy made the night more special by bringing home flowers and a corsage for his pretty little date and she was thrilled!
And they were off....to take pictures with some other sweet little girls and their Fathers.
| Helen Wilson, Alice Neelon, Hillary Dunn, Joanna, Lucy Neelon, Mercer Sullivan, Anna Frances Wilson, and Nell Chandler |
| Dads and Daughters |
What a night....
Libby and Mommy had our own date too, and she got to have dinner with her special friends Oliver and Charlie at West End Cafe! All three of them were so good and loved seeing the goldfish! Sweet Libs will get to go next year and she can be Daddy's girl too. Right now, she is into Mommy! Daddy asked Libby for a kiss the other night and she said, "No Daddy....I Mommy's girl" and promptly came over and gave Mommy a kiss! I have to admit I was thrilled because both girls have been Daddy's girls from day one!
We love these girls so much!!!!! I hope they will always be Mommy and Daddy's girls!
| Next year will be my turn too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment